There’s something oh-so rustic and charismatic about enamel…
It awakens images of campfires and outdoor picnics, country kitchens and dawn fishing trips. For some, Girl Guides and Scouts camps sound like the ringing of enamel cups as they’re scrubbed after breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Enamel is distinct – especially if it’s Falcon enamelware. Since the 1920s, Falcon has filled British homes and kitchens with its pure white enamel bowls, tumblers and baking dishes, all with their tell-tale royal blue rim. It looks the part, and it’s incredibly tough, as each piece is made by fusing porcelain onto heavy-gauge steel. If you drop it, it won’t break. It’s resistant to chemicals. You can put it in the oven, and you can use it on gas and electric hobs.
With ninety years to their name, Falcon has decided to revitalise their range by adding new colours and concepts to their timeless collection of kitchenware. From tumblers to mixing bowls, Falcon’s got it made and ready to work some retro charm on your kitchen.
Falcon enamelware…consider it vintage that never goes out of style!
Pastel Blue Perforated Spoon features:
- Designed in England.
- Made from enamel – each piece is made by fusing porcelain onto heavy-gauge steel.
- Long-lasting colour if cared for correctly.
- Cannot burn, and resistant to chemicals.
- Not recommended for use in the microwave.
- Oven safe up to 270ºC.
- Dishwasher safe.
Care & Cleaning:
- It is not recommended that you scrub your Falcon enamelware with abrasive materials. To remove burned-on stains and grease, use a soap-filled scouring pad or sponge.
- Use sharp-edged metal objects with care around your Falcon enamelware, in order to prevent scratching.
- When cooking with your enamelware, do not allow it to boil dry. Doing so may damage the enamel surface.
- If enamelware is left empty on a hot burner or in a heated oven, switch off the appliance and allow for the enamelware to cool before adding liquid.
- Enamel on steel is hard and strong, but like all good ceramic materials, it will chip if handled too roughly.
Colour: Duck Egg Blue.